Our precious little Elliot is named after one of our heros, missionary Jim Elliot. And the name means "The Lord is my God" - what more could you want for a kid name?
When we decided on this name for our second boy, I had never personally met an Elliot, an Elliot or even an Elliott. The only Elliot that even came to mind was the angry and somewhat unstable crime-fighter Elliot Stabler. But now, four months into having a son named Elliot, I am finding them everywhere.
- One week after Elliot's birth, met a lady in Babies R Us, shopping for her toddler son Elliot
- Two months ago, first week in Savannah, found out that a new friend's baby is named Boaz Elliot
- Two weeks ago a kid was born into our church - Elliott
- Found out that a close friend of my brother-in-law just named his new baby Charles Elliot (??)
- Tonight: randomly surfing on-line and found a website where a mom was commenting on her son, named what else? Elliot.
I suppose originality is overrated anyway. At least our Elliot is darn cute.