6.10.2008

A Deal

Ever since the first Spring-ish issue of People Stylewatch arrived in my mailbox (yes, I'm a subscriber!), I have been dying for some gladiator sandals. Gladiator sandals evoke rather strong emotions in most people - you either love them or you hate them. I'm a lover, Ryan is a hater. Regardless, I wanted a pair; a black pair, like these on Piperlime (bad name for a shoe company, by the way). Badly. But not badly enough to pay $100+ for them. I'll invest in a good pair of Danskos or some tall black boots but something tells me that gladiator sandals do not have staying power in the fashion world so it seemed silly to spend the big bucks. And then this week-end, I spotted Old Navy's version for a mere $19.95!! Finally, the coveted summer shoe was within my grasp. I purchased a pair yesterday, the last pair in my size!
And for fun, can you guess which is the designer pair and which is the Old Navy knock-off?


Picture 1 -


Picture 2 -


[And even if you can tell, is the difference worth <$100?!]

2 comments:

WASPy Girl said...

I'd guess #2 because I can see the Old Navy logo...I think...

I don't see why these sandals are so divisive. They seem pretty nice and neutral to me. Not like Crocs or anything ;)

Mark C. Carranza said...

Nice and lovely collection of sandals. I am loving the sandals. Really so stunning and fabulous. The Gladiator sandals are really so amazing and unique, Never seen it before. I love fashionable sandals. And the unique one...