4.13.2007

A Void

I'm really missing my camera. I can't believe it left us so suddenly. One minute it was alive and well, capturing our lives with such dignity even though it was about 5 years old and quite possibly the first digital camera ever made. I really wanted to sell some things on ebay, take Easter pics, etc but no, my camera had to die on us. Very depressing.

I am really going to be missing my camera this week-end. We're headed to Savannah to throw a big 30th wedding anniversary party for my parents. These days people just don't stay married for 30 minutes much less 30 years so this milestone is definitely cause for celebration. We're co-hosting the party with my sister and brother-in-law and have really been saving our pennies...we're having it catered by some church friends in Savannah. We're each making a dessert - Anna is making some kind of blueberry cake and I'm making the famous Paula Dean Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding, as banana pudding is my Dad's favorite. This recipe is particularly tasty and a little bit different from other banana puddings I've tasted. And it looks pretty in a trifle bowl. I've been hard at work on a memory book of sorts to present to them at the party. Hopefully it will turn out OK...


There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.
- Martin Luther

3 comments:

WASPy Girl said...

I'm having a moment of silence for your camera. Happy anniversary Jane and Dennis!

Anonymous said...

I heard the party was great. These days that is quite an accomplishment. The pudding sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Ok...I just read back through that and it makes it sound like throwing a good party, not 30 yrs. of marriage (like I intended) is the accomplishment.
Can I blame allergy meds? :)