4.22.2008

Really?

Today I talking with a friend about her recent experience at the gym. She noted that the gym offered a free initial training session with membership...a pretty common practice, in my experience, trying to lure the new gym-goers to sign up for a personal trainer. As my friend has just given birth to her first baby, children and parenthood were a common point of discussion and during the course of their session, the trainer revealed some interesting personal information: a) he has fathered 2 children, and b) he has never been married. Interesting tidbits, but on their own, not too shocking. But combined with the following statement, made near the end of their time together...Wow.

"I'm not sure I'll ever get married, but if I do, I don't think I'll want my wife to get pregnant. She'll lose all her sexiness."

Good thing you just knock up your girlfriends so that when they "lose their sexiness" you can just trade them in for another!

Really? Did he really say that? To a woman who has just given birth?

There. Aren't. Words.

3 comments:

Candace Piepgrass said...

Oh my goodness!!! I hope she finds a new gym, or at least a new personal trainer. Who says that sort of thing?

gs said...

i'm speechless.

Marlo said...

I am guessing I know exactly which gym this was at. And I am not surprised one bit.
Though I am seething a bit right now.
(You have told her my newfound love for Southside, right?)