12.10.2008

Menu planning Tuesdays

The next few weeks are going to busy so *easy* is the name of the game for our meals around here. I want to have time for all the fun things Christmas brings including the first annual Moody Make-a-Gingerbread-House party next week (more on that later).

Here's What's for Dinner:
Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings using Whole Wheat Drop Biscuits

Pesto Gnocci with Green Beans & Ricotta (sounds hard but is SO EASY--and gnocci can be hard to find so I use tortellini)

Pork Tenderloin, Steamed Spinach (from my farm box), Risotto

Three-Cheese Pasta Bake from Southern Living Busy Mom's Weeknight Favorites (a fabulous cookbook, complete with shopping lists and menus)

Chili Corn Stack-Up Salad (huge favorite of mine, it's made an appearance here before :))

Zippy Shrimp Spread, for the church Christmas Buffet this Sunday evening


Today I'm going to Wal-Mart and Sam's. That thought makes me want to crawl back into bed but unfortunately, we are out of toilet paper, diapers and milk so I must press on.

Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

WASPy Girl said...

Whoa! This menu doesn't sound too easy. But I'll take your word for it.

I can find gnocci in the freezer section of the regular grocery store. I'm not sure if Wal-Mart carries something that "exotic."