3.19.2007

Today is Charlie's real birthday. In fact, we are coming up on the actual time of his birthday: 10:49 pm. Wow, what a long day. We won't "go there." :)

The party was great - many friends and family members were present. Charlie scored many good presents including two new vehicles! AND he took his first steps DURING THE PARTY. This is a major accomplishment for a kid who has only been sitting up for 3 months!! He is more than caught up developmentally now...what an answer to many, many prayers and much hard work!

I'm so tired now from a week-end full of company and a long day at work but here are a couple of pictures...more on the party later.

5 comments:

WASPy Girl said...

This may just be evidence of my lack of knowledge of southern child dressing customs...but did Charlie wear a dress to his birthday party?? Or is it a pants outfit and I just can't tell from the pictures? Did you make the cake--in your newfound state of domestic goddessness?

ejm said...

Jill, he is mot definitely NOT wearing a dress! It has legs, you just can't see them in the picture. It is, however, a Southern little boy's outfit: the leg's are elastic holes near the top of his thighs and it's flowy, commonly called a "bubble" outfit.

I did not make the cake; I ordered the Thomas the Train model from Publix (which is an awesome grocery store found only in FL and GA).

WASPy Girl said...

Ahhh. Got it. Thanks for enlightening me.

WASPy Girl said...

Oh, and I've been to Publix. I *think* there is one on that Ponce de Leon (sp) road in Atlanta. I went there to get pineapple and strawberries during one of my trips to the Carter Library. It IS nice.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Charlie! -I can't believe he took his first steps during the party. Woo-hoo!