12.16.2006

Whew!





It's been a busy week and a half since I returned from VA! It was definitely a whirlwind trip and it left me completely exhausted. So here we go with a stream-of-consciousness, not-in-chronological-order post. :)


I returned last Thursday (12/7), which in addition to being Pearl Harbor Day, is my dear husband's birthday. For the past several years I have made a cheesecake from scratch for him but this year, I couldn't muster the strength and instead assembled a no-bake Jello cheesecake from the box. It turned out great, actually, and we enjoyed a quiet night at home with Thai food and TV. What could be better? :)

Then on Saturday Charlie and I drove to Savannah for my sister Caroline's ballet recital. She was Clara in the Nutcracker so we couldn't miss the show! Wasn't she a pretty Clara?



Here we are with Clara, our Papa, my brother Hunter (far left) and my cousins Brittany and Alex.



We put our tree up the week-end before my trip we put our tree up. Here is my manly husband cutting it down from the roof of our vehicle:



And not to copy my friend Jill who is incorporating a different ornament into every post, here are our 2 featured ornaments this year, purchased at the craft fair in Savannah last month...






And the finished product...beautiful if slightly crooked. :)



And I cannot believe that I haven't posted this yet but the biggest news of all is that I've already gotten my most-coveted Christmas gift: 2 weeks ago Charlie learned to sit up!! We've been praying for and working on this milestone for so long - praise the Lord! Here is the first picture of our little guy practicing his new skill -

He's lookin' a little rough because he had just finished a hard therapy session. :)
Week-end plans include a trip to the Columbia Zoo to see the Lights Before Christmas. And thankfully Charlie is healthy now so we'll be able to go to church as a family for the first time in quite a few weeks!
And on the 23rd, we're hosting our first annual Christmas Open House. So if you're looking for me, I'll be cooking!

3 comments:

Marlo said...

Those pictures are great, Emily! Caroline does look like a perfect Clara. And yay for the great progress with Charlie! He looks so much older sitting up like that.

Jill said...

Charlie looks so much better! Praise the Lord--we've been praying. I want to see more of your ornaments. What is on the menu for your open house? Where will you be spending Christmas this year?

Libby & Colin said...

Charlie is so handsome! And it's great to hear he's doing so well! I bet your shindig will be quite the event...too bad we don't live a little closer, or I would be there to eat your yummy food :)